Criminal law matters comprise approximately one quarter of all matters dealt with by the Riverland Community Legal Service.
Legal advice is commonly given in relation to the following offences:
- Traffic law
- Theft and associated dishonesty offences
- Basic assault
- Property damage
- Offences against the pubic order
- Weapons possession / storage offences
- Possession of illegal substances
- Breach of bail / good behaviour bond / restraining order offences
The Service will also assist clients in lodging probationary or provisional license appeals.
The Service provides representation in the Magistrates Court for clients who do not qualify for Legal Aid (subject to staff availability).
See also: I’m being accused of a crime!