Minor Civil Law

Pursuing minor civil claims can be difficult where legal fees will often dwarf any expected compensation. The Riverland Community Legal Service offers assistance in drafting, initiating and defending minor civil claims.

The Service will also, where appropriate, provide Magistrates Court representation in civil matters.

Areas of dispute often include:

  • Contractual disputes
  • Consumer complaints
  • Debts (either owed to or owed by clients)
  • Motor vehicle accidents
  • Neighbourhood disputes
  • Tenancy disputes
  • Defamation
  • Complaints against government agencies
  • Fences and trees

Additionally, the Service will draft enduring powers of attorney and guardianship to all eligible clients at no cost.

Please be aware that due to the obligations imposed by the Wills Act, the Service does not draft wills or provide ongoing assistance in matters of probate. Wills can often be obtained at low cost from many of the local private Riverland solicitors.

See also: I’m involved in a civil dispute!

Comments are closed.